Sam Allardyce has been speaking about Wayne Rooney’s future this week and says it is now in the hands of the Everton board, according to the Daily Mail.
As was revealed last week, Rooney is on the verge of joining MLS side DC United in a deal worth around £12.5 million.
The former England captain was the Toffees top goalscorer this season after returning from Manchester United, and some members of the Everton board are eager for the 32-year-old to stay on Merseyside.

Speaking to Sky Sports on Monday night, Allardyce said:
It’s not in my hands now. I have dealt with Wayne and it’s moved on with his representative and the board from herein. Which I believe may be Wednesday, I think.
The MLS transfer window doesn’t open until July and a deal has only been agreed in principle, so there is still time for things to change.
However, Allardyce’s future is still uncertain so it may be that this deal will wait until the managerial situation is sorted.





